What You'll See When You Volunteer at a LindenGrove Communities Campus
When you choose to volunteer at LindenGrove Communities, you'll be helping us do what we do best: provide exceptional, resident-centered care. You'll notice our comfortable, supportive atmosphere and see our interdisciplinary team approach to care. You'll also notice that each LindenGrove Communities location is an Eden Alternative Registry Member where you'll see interaction between residents and volunteers of all ages. You'll see organized activities and spontaneous events, and affection for resident cats and dogs that come to visit. LindenGrove Communities strives to provide a home-like environment that also includes a flexible meal program. There are songbirds in the aviary, beautiful gardens with walking paths, and live plants throughout the facility. Volunteers also see smiles from the residents!
Volunteering Can Be as Flexible as You Are
The residents benefit from the compassion and caring provided by regular volunteers as well as those volunteers whose schedule is less structured. We value volunteers who choose to serve our residents and patients. Their warmth and compassion enhance the lives of those who stay at LindenGrove Communities. We highly appreciate our volunteers and respect their time commitment to us. Busy schedules are a way of life and we are dedicated to working within your available time frame.
The Directors of Activities work to match volunteer interests and talents with service opportunities, to include fulfilling community services hours for religious and educational purposes. Volunteer work to fulfill court-appointed community service hours is not available at LindenGrove Communities.
A formal orientation program is provided for all who wish to volunteer, with attention paid to specific areas of service. A background check will be conducted prior to the first volunteer assignment.
Meaningful Volunteer Opportunities at LindenGrove Communities
- Teach a new skill (card playing, knitting, wood-working etc.)
- Take walks with residents
- Become a friendly visitor
- Bring your pet to visit
- Assist residents when on outings or during special events
- Read newspapers, magazines and books out loud
- Assist with birthday parties, holiday parties & special events
- Help decorate for holidays
- Play cards, boards games
- Assist with BINGO
- Help with manicures, nail care
- Help with baking projects
- Assist with arts & crafts or coordinate a special craft
- Share your 'green thumb' in our gardens or inside with our plants
- Conduct Religious services
- Write a letter for a resident
- Mend or alter clothing, sew patches
- Escort residents to/from in-house appointments
- Deliver newspapers and mail
- Help with a LindenGrove Communities newsletter
- Help with large mailings
- Or suggest something new to the Director of Activities
We look forward to hearing from you today.
VOLUNTEER at LindenGrove
Volunteering at LindenGrove can be rewarding, as well
as being greatly appreciated.
GIVE TODAY to the LindenGrove Foundation
Donations help to enhance the quality of life of
those we serve and to provide for our elders.